Friday 21 September 2012

20 things you might not know about me!


Me! (Christmas in Hong Kong)

As a newbie to the world of blogging I thought it might be nice to open up a bit and tell you a little more about me.  So here is a list of 20 random things about me!  Some of you might know them, some may not and some of you might just think I’m barking mad…..

1.   I am a huge Home & Away fan.  Yes HUGE!!  I have been watching it for about 15 years.  I once said that one day I want to live in Summer Bay and guess what?……here I am.

2.  I have a tendency to totally over exaggerate things.

3.  I absolute can’t stand peas!  Hate them!  Especially the way they pop in your mouth when you try and chew them – and not to mention how annoyingly difficult it is to keep them on your fork.  As I result I have never given my kids peas!

4.  I was born on 9th January and am a Capricorn through and through – especially the part about being stubborn!

5.  I iron everything!  Even bibs!  I know…… I’m totally crazy but I just can’t help myself.

6.  I worry way too much about what other people think of me.

7.  I used to work as an Inflight Beauty Therapist and travelled the world in First Class.

8.  I have met David Beckham, Brad Pitt and Michael Douglass.

9.  I find cooking every day dinners the most BORING job in the world.  If anyone has any inspiration please send it my way.

10.  I couldn’t live without my GHD’s.

11.  I have the most amazing engagement and wedding ring combo.  I just LOVE it.  Thanks Mr D.

12.  I have an irrational fear of being fat and have probably been on every diet imaginable.

13.  I  am terrified of frogs (and spiders and actually most other insects and reptiles) but frogs are the WORST!

14.  I completed my Bronze, Silver and Gold medallion awards before finishing school.  The gold one involved trekking with a group of friends for 4 days through Wales (in the middle of nowhere actually), with just a backpack of supplies and a map!!  Even I can’t believe I did that!!

15.  I suffered from post natal depression with my first child.

16.   I love receiving mail from friends and family.

17.  I have watched EVERY episode of Sex and the City and Greys Anatomy at least 3 times.

18.  I love having my feet massaged.

19.  I am a tea drinker.  I have at least 5 cups a day, even in the height of summer.

20.  I am a great believer in the healing power of crystals and maintaining the balance of the chakras in my body.

So there you have it!  If you fancy sharing your list with me, I’d love to hear it!













You can also follow Mrs D plus 3 on facebook - twitter - instagram - Pinterest or sign up to my newsletter

6 comments:

  1. Absolutely love your blog, you have such a lovely little family and it's so great to read about your adventures. As a sufferer myself would love to read more about your battle with depression as it's so good to see your example of getting through it and being happy again. Keep writing :)

    Mel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you Mel, that's so lovely of you. Here is my story on PND http://www.mrsdplus3.com/2013/07/post-natal-depression-my-story.html. I hope you're doing ok with yours. Just try to remember that you WILL get through it and it is NOT your fault. These feeling don't define who you are - they are just a chemical imbalance that will pass with help. Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You forgot to add that your an amazingly understanding & comforting friend to anyone around you !!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Kirsti, you're SO lovely. Thank you xxxxxxx

      Delete
  4. You forgot to add that you are an amazingly understanding & comforting friend to all around you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not so much a fan but our business has a lengthy history with H & A ;).

    #19 I drink more than 5 cups a day.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your comment. I LOVE hearing from you all and will do my best to reply xxx